The Directorate of Town and Country Planning (DTCP)
DTCP Layout Rules in Telangana
The DTCP has laid out various rules and regulations for the development of layouts in Telangana. Below are some of the important DTCP layout rules in Telangana:
A DTCP layout is one with approval from the department/directorate of town and country planning.
Layout Size: The minimum area of a layout should be one acre (4,000 square meters), and it should have a minimum width of 30 meters.
Road Width: The main roads in a layout should have a minimum width of 12 meters, and the internal roads should have a minimum width of 9 meters
Layout Approval: All layouts in Telangana must be approved by the DTCP before development.
The approval process involves submitting the layout plan along with required documents such as land ownership, revenue records, and clearance certificates.
Layout Size: The minimum area of a layout should be one acre (4,000 square meters),
and it should have a minimum width of 30 meters.
Road Width: The main roads in a layout should have a minimum width of 12 meters,
and the internal roads should have a minimum width of 9 meters.
Open Space: A minimum of 10% of the total area of a layout should be reserved as open space,
and it should be used for parks, playgrounds, and other recreational activities.
Building Rules: The layout should comply with the building rules and regulations,
including setback regulations, height restrictions, and floor area ratio.
Greenery: The layout should have a minimum of 20% greenery, including trees, shrubs, and other plants.
Importance of DTCP Approval
The DTCP approval is essential for developers and builders as it ensures that their project is legally compliant.
- The Prescribed Standard require constructors to follow them while constructing the building.
- This Helps potential trust that the building has been built to the standards.
- It also maintains the construction and ensures the safety of the occupants.
- DTCP Approval helps the buyer be clear about the necessary infrastructure around the plot and facilities for living such as roads, Drainage, water supply, sewage system
- Gated Community Plots, and other amenities that are necessary for living. In this process you may face many struggles
- If you are looking for a property in a prime location with all the necessary Infrastructure and amenities, an HMDA-approved property may be the best option for you. However,
if you are looking for a more affordable property in a developing area, then a DTCP-approved property may be the better choice.